(2)예수께로 가면 맞아주시고 나를 사랑하사 용서 하셔요

(3)예수께로 가면 손을 붙잡고 어디서나 나를 인도 하셔요

6월 13일 •주일

하나님의 나라

성경읽기: 에스라 6-8; 요한복음 21
새찬송가: 565(통300)

오늘의 성경말씀: 마가복음 10:13-16
하나님의 나라가 이런 자의 것이니라 [마가복음 10:14]

어머니는 일생 동안 많은 일에 헌신하셨는데 그중에서도 어린아이들에게 예수님을 전하려는 열정은 한결같았습니다. 어머니가 공개적으로 반대 의견을 표하는 것을 몇 번 본 적이 있는데, 그것은 모두 누군가가 그들이 생각하기에 더 “중요한” 사역을 내세우며 어린이 사역 예산을 삭감하려 했을 때였습니다. 어머니는 “너의 형을 임신했던 여름에 내가 쉬었던 것이 전부야.”라고 말씀하셨습니다. 대략 헤아려 보니 어머니는 55년 동안을 교회에서 아이들과 함께 일하셨습니다.

마가복음 10장에는 흔히 “어린아이들과 예수님”이라는 제목으로 친근한 복음서 이야기 중 하나가 기록되어 있습니다. 사람들은 아이들을 축복해달라고 예수님께 데려왔지만, 제자들은 그것을 막으려고 했습니다. 마가는 그때 예수님이 “노하시어……어린 아이들이 내게 오는 것을 용납하고 금하지 말라 하나님의 나라가 이런 자의 것이니라”(14절)라고 자신의 제자들을 꾸짖으셨다고 기록하고 있습니다.

찰스 디킨스는 이렇게 썼습니다. “나는 이 작은 아이들을 사랑합니다. 하나님으로부터 갓 나온 그들이 우리를 사랑한다는 것은 작은 일이 아닙니다.” 어른인 우리가 어린아이들이 늘 새로운 예수님의 사랑으로부터 절대 차단되지 않도록 최선을 다하는 것도 마찬가지로 작은 일이 아닙니다.

어렸을 때 예수님을 소개받았다면 기억 속의 그 어른은 누구였습니까? 오늘 말씀에서 제자들에게 분노하신 예수님은 어떤 분이라는 인상을 줍니까?

예수님, 아이들을 비롯한 모든 사람들에게 주님의 사랑과 임재를 보여주게 하소서. 그들이 언제든지 주님께 올 수 있게 하는 방법들을 상기시켜 주소서.

Sunday, June 13

The Kingdom Of God

Bible In A Year: Ezra 3–5; John 21
Today’s Bible Reading: Mark 10:13-16

Download MP3

The kingdom of God belongs to such as these. [ MARK 10:14 ]

My mother has been committed to many things over the course of her life, but one that has remained constant is her desire to see little children introduced to Jesus. Of the few times I’ve witnessed my mother display disagreement publicly, all were when someone attempted to cut a children’s ministry budget in favor of what they felt were more “serious” expenditures. “I took off one summer when I was pregnant with your brother, but that’s it,” she told me. I did a little family math and I realized my mom had been working with children in the church for fifty-five years.

Mark 10 records one of the endearing stories in the Gospels commonly titled “The Little Children and Jesus.” People were bringing children to Jesus that He might touch and bless them. But the disciples tried to prevent this from happening. Mark records Jesus as “indignant” – and rebuking His very own disciples: “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these” (V. 14).

Charles Dickens wrote, “I love these little people; and it’s not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us.” And it’s not a slight thing when we, who are older, do all we can to make sure the little children are never hindered from the ever- fresh love of Jesus. JOHN BLASE

If you were introduced to Jesus as a child, who were the supporting adults in that memory? What kind of impression does Jesus being indignant in this story make on you?

Jesus, help me to reveal Your love and presence to all people, including children. Make me mindful of ways to ensure that they can always come to You.

0 Comments